PNG Insight Mathematics Examinations Resources is a free secondary school maths website for online learners, home learners, tutors and teachers. We compile the Free Year 9 Maths Worksheets based on the units (and classroom learning targets). It is a superb collection of maths worksheets for children in Year 9 (aged 13-14).
You can use these mathematics resources to revise for the Year 9 end-of-the-year tests. Each worksheet takes you through 3 steps – Questions, Answers and Learning Target Checks – to identify what you can do and what you need to work on during revision.
Check out the Free Year 9 Maths Worksheets and try them out. If you like them, come back for more.
How to download free Year 9 maths worksheets PDF
There are 24 worksheets for Year 9 students, each addressing the units in the first year of secondary school.
The worksheets take time and effort to put together. We encourage you to get what you need.
Here is how to download the worksheets:
- Work out the password while you are here. The ‘password’ is the answer to the question: ”HOW MANY YEAR 9 WORKSHEETS ARE LISTED HERE?”
- Go to the Year 9 ‘revision list’ below.
- Click on the ‘blue link’ (this will take you to the Download Page).
- There, enter the password from step 1.
- Follow the prompt.
- Download the worksheet.
Year 9 Algebra Worksheets - ALL DownloadDownload the Year 9 Algebra worksheets in one place, here.
Year 9 Worksheets for ALL UnitsCheck out the Questions and Answers worksheets for ALL units in Year 9. Superb revision worksheets for you to do questions, check the answers and enhance your understanding from the Learning Targets List.
Year 9 Revision (Learning Targets) List
Check out the full list of learning targets and the Free Year 9 Maths Worksheets addressing those targets.
Powers and Roots (Free Year 9 Maths Worksheets)
- use index notation and index laws, including positive and negative powers
- use index notation and index laws to simplify and evaluate numerical expressions involving integer and negative powers
Powers & Roots – Download maths worksheet
Straight Line Graphs
- calculate the gradient of a straight line given the coordinates of two points
- determine the coordinates of the midpoint of a segment
- use recognise and find the equation of straight line graphs in the form y=mx+c
- find the equation of a straight line parallel and perpendicular to a given line
- find the equation of a straight line through two points
- calculate the distance between two points
- sketch any straight line given its equation
Straight line graphs – Download maths worksheet
Percentages (Free Year 9 Maths Worksheets)
- solve problems involving percentage increase and decrease
- solve problems using reverse percentages
- distinguish between simple and compound interest, and solve problems involving both
- use repeated percentage changes to solve problems
Percentages – Download maths worksheet
Distance Time and Velocity Time Graph
- understand and can use the relationship between average speed, distance and time
Expanding Three Brackets
- expand the product of two or more linear expressions
Quadratics (Year 9 Algebra Worksheets)
- use factorisation quadratic expressions, including those expressions where the coefficient of x^2 is not 1
- form and solve quadratic equations from information given in a context
- plot quadratic graphs and use them to find the intersection points of two graphs
- sketch quadratic graphs
Quadratics Download Worksheet
Standard Form (Free Year 9 Maths Worksheets)
- understand the definition of standard form
- calculate and interpret numbers in the standard form
- solve problems involving standard form
Standard Form Download Worksheet
- change the subject of a formula
Solving equations graphically
- recognise, plot and draw the cubic and reciprocal graphs
- understand the definition of asymptotes and able to write down the equations of asymptotes
Congruence and Similarity, Area and Volume Scale Factors
- understand the definition of congruence and similarity
- use the geometrical properties that similar figures have corresponding lengths in the same ratio but corresponding angles remain unchanged
- use the area and volume scale factors to solve problems
- find the area and volume scale factors given two similar figures
Gradients of graphs
- understand how to find the gradients of non-linear graphs by drawing tangents
- draw tangents confidently
Gradients of Straight Lines Download Worksheet
Grouped Data and Cumulative Frequency (Free Year 9 Maths Worksheets)
- calculate the mean, median, mode and range from a discrete data set
- calculate an estimate for the mean and identify modal class for grouped data
- construct and use cumulative frequency diagrams
- estimate the median, upper quartiles and lower quartiles using the cumulative frequency diagram
- understand the concept of measurement of spread and can estimate the calculate/ estimate the interquartile range
Mean, Median, Mode Download Worksheet
Cumulative Frequeny and Frequency Diagrams Download Worksheet
Sequences and Arithmetic Sequences
- generate terms of a sequence
- understand the definition of an arithmetic sequence, including the common difference (d) and the first term (a)
- understand and can use the nth term in the form a+(n-1)d
- find the sum of the first n terms of an arithmetic series
Arithmatic Sequences Download Worksheet
Pythagoras and Trigonometry (Free Year 9 Maths Worksheets)
- understand and can use Pythagoras’ Theorem in two dimensions
- understand and can use sine, cosine and tangent
- solve trigonometric problems in two dimensions
- solve problems involving angles of elevation and depression
Pythagoras Theorem Download Worksheet
Trigonometry Download Worksheet
How to use the Year 9 maths revision resources?
The maths content that teachers cover in the first year of high and secondary schools may differ slightly depending on your country’s (UK, Australia, New Zealand and PNG) maths curriculum.
So, use the content outline – we call it Year 9 revision list – to get what is relevant to your maths requirement.
In hindsight, if you downloaded the worksheets and attempted the revision questions, you CAN apply the learning targets in the tests and exams.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the PNG Insight Maths resources creator at email@example.com
Year 9 revision list [24 free Year 9 maths worksheets PDF]
This is what you get – a selection of Year 9 maths questions and answers that address the core units and learning targets at Year 9.
There are 24 worksheets you can get for free.
The Year 9 maths worksheets contain questions arranged by units. In each worksheet, there is a set of questions that address the learning targets.
There are three parts to the worksheet – questions, answers and checklist.
- Do the questions,
- check the answers, and
- confirm your achievements against the learning targets.
This is probably the most powerful way to revise for the end-of-the-year test – practice questions, confirm the answers and check against the classroom learning targets.
Some questions may have more than one way to solve them, yet you should have the same answers.
Summary (Free Year 9 Maths Worksheets ALL Units)
Get the Year 9 Maths Worksheets PDF for free. There are 24 well-drafted worksheets with questions and answers, perfect for additional home learning and end-of-the-year test revision.