The Year 8 Maths EXAM Questions and Answers is a collection of real maths examination questions. Each revision guide PDF has 50 Questions and contains:
- Multiple-choice, Short Answer and Extended Response questions
- Answers and
- Justification for each answer.
The Answer Justification is vital inclusion in the Year 8 Maths revision guide. It provides the link between the answer and the solution. That makes this math practice guide a must to have when revising for a classroom test or the final Year 8 maths examination.
Get the Year 8 Maths Exam Questions and Answers, PDF
Each Revision Guide PDF is 50 questions based on the Year 8 (Grade 8) past exam papers, 2017 – 2020. For an individual, we suggest that you download ONE file at a time – we may block your access if you try to get everything at once.
If you are a school (or an institution) and would like to get the complete package, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request the Year 8 (Grade 8) Maths 200 Questions & Answer Package.
PDF File Specification:
- 50 Questions (including Solutions, Answers & Justification for each question)
- File type: PDF Booklet (Printable/Reusable)
- Download file size:
- Cost: Free
To download the Year 8 Maths Exam Questions and Answers, click on the *blue buttons*. Detailed instruction is on the download page.
Useful practice questions for year 8 (grade 8) students
The PNG Insight Maths Revision guide is ideal for Year 8 Maths students who are struggling to grasp key concepts in class. The questions and solutions are laid out with answers and justification.
The justification of answers is the link for answering the questions – call it the missing link! It can (and will) help students to make the connection between the maths idea taught in class and the exam item (question).
Linking the Justification to Year 8 Maths Exam Question and Answers is a powerful way to enable students to understand (and apply) the mathematics ideas in class. And, also, answer tests and examination questions correctly.
Year 8 Maths Exam Questions and Answers arranged by difficulty
The PNG Insight Year 8 Maths Revision Guide intend to capture students’ maths knowledge at random. The guide contains 50 questions separated into 3 distinct parts.
The questions are arranged by order of difficulty (Bloom’s Taxonomy). The details of the three parts of the Questions and Answers Revision Guide are given below.
Three Parts to Exam Questions and Answers
Part A: Multiple-choice Questions (25 questions). Students are work out the answer to each of the questions and select A, B, C or D as the answer.
- Easy Questions x5 (Set at Grade 6, 7 and 8 levels, recall type of questions or students may require to use only one-step working out to find the answers)
- Moderate Difficulty x15 (Set at Grades 7 and 8 levels: Students to use more than one steps to work out the answers)
- Higher-order questions x5 (Students to use more than one steps and connect several maths skills and knowledge to answer each question)
Part B: Short Answer Questions (20 questions). Students are to work out the answer for each of the questions and write it down.
- Easy Questions x5 (Set at Grade 6, 7 and 8 levels, recall type of questions or students may have to use only one-step working out to find the answers)
- Moderate Difficulty x10 (Set at Grades 7 and 8 levels, Students are to use more than one steps to work out the answers)
- Higher-order questions x5 (Students are to use more than one steps and connect several maths skills and knowledge to answer each question)
Part C: Extended Response Questions (1 question)
Students are to study a stimulus diagram or mathematical statement and answer 5 (standalone) questions relating to the diagram.
- 1 Item with 5 questions/responses. The ideas in the questions are NOT linked together they test different Year 8 mathematics concepts.
- Higher-order questions x5 (Questions based on a stimulus and aim to test a variety of un-related Year 8 maths concepts)
Who can use the Year 8 maths revision questions
The questions are suitable for students at Years 6, 7 and 8 in Australia, UK, Canada, Singapore and New Zealand (or Grades 7 and 8 in South Africa and Papua New Guinea). For our US visitors, check out the contents before downloading them, as different states may have different content outlines.
In the UK, the questions are set at the SATs level. Perhaps it is important to check out the syllabus content outlines and types of questions (also the structure of the questions). However, the Multiple-choice questions are great for Quick revision – so take a look.
Check out our latest Year 8 Maths TEST papers. A collection of real classroom test that will help you to prepare for your end-of-term maths tests.
Year 8 Maths Exam Questions and Answers Package for Schools
The Revision Guide is a package of 200 questions plus solutions, answers and justifications. Ideal for remedial lessons and 1-to-1 tuitions.
Before requesting the full x200 Questions Maths Revision Guide, check out the free Maths Revision Guides. If you like it, email us and request the full package. It does not come free!
How to use the Year 8 Maths Questions and Answers – Students tips
The Year 8 Maths Questions are in order of difficulty. There are several ways to use the Maths Revision Guide. Here are 5 steps to help students use the PNG Insight maths revision guide:
- Easy Year 8 Maths Practice Questions: Try the EASY Questions in Parts A & B. These are like ‘FLASH’ questions that you can answer with minimal help.
- Moderate Year 8 Maths Practice Questions: Attempt the questions of MODERATE difficulty in Parts A & B, and identify questions that you felt are challenging. Check out the solutions and justification for help.
- Difficult Year 8 Maths Practice Questions: Go through the questions of HIGHER difficulty in Parts A & B, and identify questions that you felt are challenging. Attempt the questions, and check out the solutions and justifications for help.
- Extended Response Year 8 Maths Practice Questions: Study the stimulus diagrams in Part C and answer the questions – check the solutions and justifications for more information.
SELF-HELP resource for Year 8 students
Year 8 revision guide – a SELF-HELP resource for students
All the help a student needs are in the Solution and Justification. The year 8 students can refer to the guide to steer the students in the right direction when solving similar (exam related) problems.
Teachers can use the items in this guide in maths lessons or for homework books. It also gives parents an insight into what their children can do at the Year 8 level.
Year 8 Maths Worksheet PDF download
PNG Insight’s Mathematics Exam Resources (MER) has produced some great Year 8 Maths PDF Worksheets for teachers and students, either to use in class or at home.
The resource bank is expanding as we add to it. Meanwhile, the mats exam-related materials available are: Year 8 Mathematics Examination Papers, Year 8 maths curriculum and SBC syllabus, Teachers Guide, PDF worksheet and many more.
Check out the links to the exam papers and Year 8 maths worksheets on our site below for our visitors.
- Year 8 Maths Worksheet PDF
- 2009 – 2014 Year 8 (Grade 8) Past (OLD) Exam Papers
- 2015 – recent Year 8 (Grade 8) Latest (recent) Exam Papers
- Year 8 Maths Curriculum and SBE School Syllabus
- Exam Core Units for Year 8
- Distance Learning Year 8 Modules
More information: If you need more info, please contact us on Twitter or email email@example.com